RESOURCES FOR RECORDING BIRD SOUNDS
- TAKE OUR BIRD SOUND RECORDING WORKSHOP
2. Or, take Cornell’s brand new online course.
3. WATCH THESE 3 “HOW TO” VIDEOS FEATURING GREG BUDNEY
4. USING A SMARTPHONE? CHECK OUT THESE TIPS
5. GET AUDIO EDITING SOFTWARE & LEARN BASIC EDITING TASKS (trim, amplify, export)
And click the following link to learn & follow Macaulay Library’s “Audio preparation and upload guidelines”
6. CREATE AN eBIRD ACCOUNT AND LEARN HOW TO SUBMIT A CHECKLIST
Sound files must be uploaded/attached to a “checklist” via the eBird website (as opposed to their mobile app), so even if you submitted a checklist in the field, you’ll need to attach your sound file from your desktop computer.
7. Go to your checklist and click on “ADD MEDIA” and upload you bird sound recording!